Collaborating with Google for a Connected Vehicle Experience
Ford and Google announced that they have formed an exclusive strategic partnership to accelerate our transformation strategy and take the connected vehicle experience to a new and unique dimension. Ford will also use Google Cloud as the cloud provider to leverage Google's expertise in data, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). Under the 6-year partnership; as of 2023, Google apps and services integrated in Ford and Lincoln will be supported by Android.
Ford and Google, acting with an innovative approach, will establish a new joint working group called Team Upshift. The new formation, which brings together the knowledge and skills of the two companies, will offer data-driven solutions that accelerate Ford's transformation, escalating personalized consumer experience to a completely new level. These innovative solutions include developing new shopping experiences when purchasing vehicles for customers, creating new purchase proposals based on data, and even more.
Ford President and CEO Jim Farley explained in his words: “While Ford is leading the most important transformation of history in connectivity and autonomous driving within the scope of its electrification strategy; it is also creating an innovation power that will bring a unique experience to its users and modernize our business by cooperating with Google”.
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet, informed: “Ford has been leading the automotive industry with its innovative solutions for nearly 120 years, from the first assembly line to the most up-to-date driving assistance technologies. We are proud to offer Google's advanced AI, data analytics, computing and cloud platforms to accelerate Ford's transformation and to deliver automotive technologies that keep people safe and connected on the road.”
Beginning towards the end of this year Google will step in as a cloud provider; assisting Ford with the learning of Google Cloud's artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) and data analytics technologies to accelerate Ford's digital transformation, modernize its operations, enforce connected vehicle technologies with its reliable and secure cloud. Ford plans to do the following with its Google Cloud platform:
- Further improve customer experiences with innovative technology and personalized services,
- Accelerate the modernization of product development; including Vision AI (Next-Generation Visual Recognition) researches; production and supply chain management, staff training and more reliable facility equipment performance,
- Implementation of data-driven business models that result in real-time notifications, such as making maintenance or exchange recommendations to customers.
Our customers will start to benefit beginning from 2023
Ford and Google are offering a common vision to minimise driver distraction and deliver updates to our customers with enjoyable, safer and more efficient connected vehicle experiences. From 2023, Ford and Lincoln customers will begin to benefit from unique digital experiences built on an Android operating system, integrated Google applications and services that include a global map and voice technology.
- Drivers will be able to drive without taking their eyes off the road and hands on the wheel with "Google Assistant",
- They will be able to reach their targets faster with "Google Maps" real-time traffic information, automatic rerouting, lane guidance and more,
- They will be able access to their favorite apps to listen to music, podcasts, audiobooks and more with" Google Play".
These applications have been optimized and integrated for in-vehicle use. The collaboration with Android allows Ford and third-party developers to develop applications that are constantly evolving and provide a more personalized user experience. Farley, emphasizing the importance placed on creating Ford-specific products and services that everyone should have; said: "This integration will give our teams access to top-notch applications and services of Google while developing innovations for Ford and Lincoln customers."